How do I troubleshoot camera or microphone problems?
1. Run an A/V Test.
Before your call, run an A/V test to make sure your microphone, speakers, and camera are working. The A/V test can be found in the app’s navigation menu.
1. On the bottom left of your dashboard, select Test A/V.
2. If it says Status Incomplete, press the Start Test button.
3. A test will run to check the status of your microphone and camera. It should say OK.
2. Check your browser.
See A Star currently supports the following browsers and operating systems. Safari on Mac OS is currently not available, but coming soon. Download our preferred browser, Google Chrome.
3. Check your system preferences.
Your connectivity problems could be a result of your system settings. Check to see if your system is allowing your browser to access your camera and microphone. Both must be enabled in order for your call to work.
This problem mostly occurs on a desktop. We’ll walk you through the steps on a mac operating system.
Open your system preferences by clicking the apple in the top left.
Select “System Preferences”.
3. Click the “Security and Privacy” icon.
4. Navigate to the “Privacy” tab.
5. Then select “Camera” from the left hand menu. This will open a list of applications that your system is allowing to access your camera.
6. Does the browser you’re using for the See A Star call show a checked box next to it. If not, check the box.
7. Next, navigate to the “Microphone” section in the left-hand list.
8. Is the box checked next to the browser you’re using for See A Star? If not, click to check the box.
9. Once your browser has permission to access both the camera and microphone, quit and reopen your browser to apply the new settings. You can close your system preferences window when this is complete.
How to troubleshoot camera and microphone problems on the See A Star app.
1. From your dashboard, select the drop down menu.
2. Select Test A/V.
3. Select Set up A/V.
4. A box will pop up asking you to allow camera access. Press OK.
5. Next, a box will pop up asking you to allow microphone access. Press OK.
Are you still having problems?
1. Go in to your settings.
2. Under settings, scroll down to the See A Star app and select it.
3. From here you can turn the microphone and camera setting on by sliding the switch the the right.
Still need help?
Contact support for further assistance.